Grandmother - Leadership, family stuff
Congratulations on the Leadership Kearney opportunity. I'm glad you are excited about it and are taking advantage of the chance to make your mark. If all of our good people used the God-given talents they possess, we'd have much less to worry about in the world. So many are too busy climbing the corporate ladder and don't realize the ladders have to have stable ground to anchor them.
I think MIchigan must be largely Democratic, though they boast that Jackson is the birthplace of the REpublican party. I sent them a donation and they have sent me so many invitations to GOP parties and call me a grassroots leader, etc. I have just been invited to a Catholic GOP party this week. It is in the evening in suburbian Detroit so I probalby won't get there.
I have opted out of the conference in Dallas. I know I would have benefitted from it simply because I learn from everything like that I attend. I'm like a sponge soaking up knowledge. (You know how sponges sometimes get saturated and miss the thing they were actually made for.)
Your letter may have offended Tracey if you said anything against the Elightened Millionaire opportunity. She is a little touch on the subject and determined to make a go of it. It really is a good plan if you can keep up with their classes, etc. but I have gotten behind. I think I'm also a little old for it (energy-wise). They still plan to go to Dallas. They will take the girls and drive down. They will stay with Sandi so in a way it will be a vacation for them. I just have been so tired since I had to make the trip to California and then the bible school and having Jessie here. I'm so glad she has been here. She is a little ball of energy and so helpful and adds her own spark to everything. We have all benefitted from her visit.
Joey especially has benefitted, I think. He and Mikey had become paranoid and would never leave their house without an adult. Jessie has them playing at the community playgroiund now. She braces herself and faces the wasps that she also fears so they won't be afraid to do things. They seem to be afraid of everything now. At least we see smiles on their faces and they don't walk around like zombies or sleepwalkers.
They have been assigned a man to take them places and help them adjust here. I don't know whether their caseworker still comes once a week to talk to them as a family. We also don't know whether they will go to Louisiana to be with Mike for the summer. Money will have a lot to do with that.
Cyndi is doing well on her job for a beginning commission only job. She had such a hard time before she got medication for Joey. She still has to make sure he never misses a dosage or he regresses. I don't know how that would work with Mike in Lafayette. Anyway, She got behind in her sales during the really bad period. She was just ready to quit and go back to a fast food management job where she'd be working all the time. Then she made a $1200-dollar sale and it told her she is capable if she can jost hang in there long enough. She is hoping while the boys are in Lafayette, she can get enough of a start that she will be okay for the future and will be able to keep her weekends off and also the excellent hospital benefits she has now. She saved $800 on Joey's medication by having the medical plan she has with this company.
I guess the last two weeks of August would be better for me. Maybe that way I'll be rested up and it won't yet be the busy fall season. I am looking forward to it. I did really enjoy my time with little Makenzie. Must go now. Love, Grandmother

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home