My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

Our baby is growing up fast. He is a blessed miracle and an amazing gift.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

From Ruben. . .

Dear Matt,

Well, I took this opportunity at Terex and so far has been good. There's
only a small mfg eng group here... just three of us... and we're all new.

Terex is a big company. It's a conglomerate of many construction equipment
companies. You've probably heard Genie Lifts, PPM, Demag, etc. Over here
in Waverly we make boom trucks and large cranes. So far it's been a good
experience. Basically I am doing what we were doing at Baldwin - shop floor
support.

Anyway, I've been commuting to Lincoln a lot, for obvious reason. Ah, also,
I got rid of the Honda... finally! Now I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The
travel time between Lincoln and Waverly is 5 hours. So it's not that bad.
Sometimes I go visit her and some other times she visits me.

Anyway, below is my new info. I will try to be in touch more often since I
am starting to settle down at the new job.


Well, that's all for now.

Later,
Ruben

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Epperson"
To:
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: hello


Hey Ruben!

It is great to hear from you! I was going to chew your but the next time I
heard from you, but I only decided that a couple days ago. . .so I'll let
you off the hook. We were passing through Lincoln last Thursday, so I tried
to call you home and cell phones. . .well, neither worked! I wondered if
and when I'd ever hear from you.

Congratulations on your job. It sounds great. You'll have to tell me more
about it.

Even more importantly, congratulations on your engagement! That is
fantastic. Laura seems great. We are very happy for you two.

Lucas is doing great. I started a web log with some stories, pictures, etc.
If you get a chance, you can check it out at

www.lucaskaden.blogspot.com

Well, it is great to hear from you. Send your new address and phone
numbers, etc. KEEP IN TOUCH!!

Take care,

Matthew



>>> "Ruben Zayas" 07/13/04 01:25PM >>>
Dear Matt,

How are you? How's Chris and the baby? I'm sure everything is great for
you guys.

Anyway, I am doing good. I was writing to update you on a couple things...
first, I have a new job. I am working as a mfg. eng. at Terex Cranes in
Waverly, Iowa (www.terex-cranes.com). I've been here since April and it's
going well so far.

The next thing I wanted to tell you is that I am engaged!!! I'm sure you
remember Laura. We're planning for a May wedding so I will let you know
later.

Anyway, what's new at Baldwin? Have to go now.

Ruben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home