charley - house, music
Hi All - This will be brief because I am tired. It seems that happens a lot this summer. We are nearing the completion of our dream home and it has continued to become more elaborate throughout the process! We have all the rooms framed, most of the downstairs wired, and the roof on except for the sheet metal. The sheet metal was delivered today and will be going on tomorrow. We expect to be done no later than the end of September. The construction loan allows us until the end of November to be 100% finished. We are also within budget for the basic construction so we are spending part of our "contingency" funds for upgrades. We will have recessed lighting on multiple dimmers throughout the house and "cultured granite" counter tops in the kitchen that have the sinks molded right into them so there are no seams
to collect grime and soap scum. We also have a 7-9 person hot tub in a cedar panelled room (walls and ceiling) instead of a "standard" 4-5 person tub with sheet rock walls and ceiling, and a 48" gas fireplace. We are putting in hickory cabinets, birch paneling, and wood laminate floors. We have been enjoying the hot tub almost every night for about a week now and are anxious to see the finished product. It has been exciting and educational this summer but we have also put in about 70 hours a week on the project ourselves in addition to all the hired help. Bev says she is
anxious to go back to school so she can get some rest. She goes back to False Pass August 24th with the girls and the cats and I will stay to winterize the motorhome and then go out the 26th with the dog. We got a "puppy" this summer that is a malumute, German shephard, wolf, cross. He was 10 1/2 months old and weighed 85 pounds when we got him. He seems to be a smart dog and learns fast.
I think I told all of you I have my completed CD for sale. So far I have sold far fewer CD's than I had people saying they wanted to be sure and get one when they were available. Of the ones I have sold, most of the people locally have said they really like it, one friend in Georgia said he couldn't stand it but his girl friend liked it, and a couple of people have just never commented. (It's OK to say you don't like it and even why you don't if that's the case. I'm a big boy and I can take criticism. I also know we can't all like the same things.) If any of you would like to help me make money off the CD, the best way to do so would be to get your local radio station to include one or two songs off the CD on their play list. I
would be more than happy to send a CD to any radio station willing to play
my music. Let me know if you know anyone that would play them. Well, I said this would be brief. The girls are waiting for me to go get in the hot tub with them. We'll probably soak about a half hour, come back in and say prayers and go to bed. Take care all, I think about you and pray for you much more often than my letter frequency would indicate. -
Charley

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home