ruben
Matt,
Great! Then I'll count on you as one of the groomsman! I guess I'll let
you know as we get closer to the date what we are doing.
Yes, you are right, Lutheran services are very similar to Catholic service.
I guess I'll have to investigate what exactly are the differences, but I am
guessing it has to do with discrepancies in believes regarding the Virgin
Mary, confession, and things lika that, I think, I am not sure.
Anyway, I'll find out about encounters. I would think they have them too.
If not, I don't think Laura would have any problem in attending a catholic
one.
Yes, we'll have to get together some time. Let me know what weekend ahead
of time so that I may meet you in Lincoln.
Well, I'll be in touch.
Ruben
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Epperson"
To: "Ruben Zayas"
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: Hello
> Ruben,
>
> I would be honored to be a groomsman.
>
> Ya know, Lutheran is probably the closest religion to Catholic of all of
them. There are just a few differences (mainly with the
> Mass), but their beliefs are very similar. I would not be too worried
about it. If you're thinking about having kids at some
> point, then for them you would probably want to go to the same church. At
least she's not Muslim or Mormon or something totally
> contrary to your religion. Blah, blah, blah. . .
>
> Does the Lutheran church offer Engaged Encounters? Even if it doesn't,
you two might want to go to a Catholic one. It is a weekend
> get away for engaged couples. It seems like it was around $50, but it was
well worth it. They teach some communication tricks, and
> they help you discuss a few things that you might not have thought of as a
couple. Chris and I felt like we knew each other very
> well, but we still enjoyed the weekend. There were a few things that we
just had not really talked about or considered. The
> wedding it just one day, and you are really preparing for a marriage. We
liked it so much that we are thinking about volunteering
> to help with them. Anyway, you might check into it.
>
> We'll have to get together sometime when you are back in Lincoln. We have
thought about just driving there on a Saturday for a Salt
> Dogs baseball game or something. Maybe we could meet.
>
> Well, talk to ya later. . .
>
> Matthew
>
Hey... nice to hear everybody is doing great. Yes, I checked the web page, he's a sweet little boy. God bless him. I am really glad he's doing well! So, when is the next one coming? You need to start working on it asap!
May 7, 2005, Saturday, it's the BIG day! We are getting married at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Lincoln.
No, she's not Catholic - actually, she's "hard core" Lutheran. Sorry, Matt, I've been "unfaithfull"... I've been attending Lutheran serivces with her. They pastors) actually been cool about me being Catholic and they're not requiring me to change over. Next month we have marriage counseling with one of the reverends. I've talked to them before and they are really nice.
Her full name is Laura R. Kumm. And yes, she is from North Platte, although she was born in Lincoln. She graduated from UNL with a degree in English. She's got two sisters and one brother, who is a physician in San Diego, CA. One of her sisters lives in Lincoln and the other one is an aspiring actress living in NYC. There's her story in a nutshell.
Hey, I am looking for a few good men... I have a best man, and need two groomsmen. Would you consider being one? Let me know.
Also, what is your mailing address? Tell Chris I said Hi.
Thanks,
Ruben

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home