My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

Our baby is growing up fast. He is a blessed miracle and an amazing gift.

Friday, October 22, 2004

grandmother

Great to hear from you. I am still trying to learn this new server. Jim came over last night and helped me. I still can't do what I want with it. Couldn't open the forwarded message attached. Jim showed me Lucas' early pictures last night. I was looking at them and thinking he looked much younger than Sandi was describing Mackenzie. Then we found the March date on them. He is such a prescious baby but of course, I don't have to tell you that.
I am hoping to go to Oklahoma to companion Granny from the first of December until Christmas. Then Evelyn and her family will drive me home. We will have a late Christmas here. It suits Cyndi fine because she will spend Christmas with Don's family, but Tracey feels bummed about it.
I realized I am healthier than any of Granny's children. I will have my trailer up for sale and plan to move into Cyndi's when she gets married. That will mean an interval where I could be homeless. Not really. Don has said he'd get an apartment for Cyndi or whatever she wants but she hates to move the boys twice. They are still having a lot of problems from being moved from pillar to post. They will have to change schools in March. Cyndi plans to get them involved in things that will help them get to know a few people before they make the transition this time.
I'm meeting friends now. I belong to a scripture group (mostly widows and all women) and go to several masses most weeks, sometimes make a holy hour at the Adoration chapel and if I can get up and out early enough, I join the ones at the early morning liturgy at 7:30, which precedes daily Mass.
A lady who lives in my area took me to a third order Carmelite meeting and I may join them. They are strong on prayer and meditation and also insist on being well informed about Church doctrine so they can answer questions properly. That all sounds just like what I want and need. There are quite a number of women there and a few men. They meet monthly, I think. It takes about 6 years to really become a 3rd order Carmelite, so it won't be a rash decision. Must go. Have a great day. Love and Prayers always. Grandmother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home