My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

Our baby is growing up fast. He is a blessed miracle and an amazing gift.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Theresa

I haven’t written for quite some time so I will drop a quick line. We are very busy in Indiana but everyone is doing well and we thank God for that. Tana is living with Nick B. in Muncie now and we haven’t seen them for about 6-8weeks. Angie said it almost seems she is back in Colorado but I hope they get some time off soon and can come down and visit for the weekend. I do realize that Nick is in school and besides money being tight as it is for all of us, he also has school projects that he has to work on.

Angie, Calvin and Nick H live in Jasper and we see them at least a couple times during the week and Calvin often spends the night with us on the weekends he doesn’t have visitation with Russell. Their news is; Russell said he was joining the Army and going to Germany for 2years. He has told us that or something close to that many times in the last four years so it is hard to trust it, but He supposedly left on Thursday and his sister called and Angie that Russell asked her to call to tell Angie that Calvin will have insurance through the army. I guess we will wait and see what happens. Calvin now has a half-brother. Russell and Hope have a baby son, Casen Travis. Russell said that Hope and Casen will be joining him is Germany after 30 days.

Calvin started preschool and enjoys it. His teachers were very impressed by his vocabulary and his ability to tell stories (some true and some very imaginative). You can really tell he is Angie’s son. He is very animated when he tells stories and loves to act things out. He and Nick are great pals and spend lots of time playing together at home or at Nick’s folk’s farm.

Stephanie is in her senior year at University of Evansville and will graduate in May with a double major in Social Work and Spanish. This year she is still working at the college library in requisitions and volunteers at the Hola Center helping with ESL (English as a Second Language) classes and another day answering phones and helping with translating. She has just started this and is very excited about it but a little nervous. She has also bought Angie’s Toyota Carolla and is now driving herself to and from school. For Stephanie that is a big step, considering she didn’t drive until this summer.



Steve and I are in music club again this year, I’m still cantoring at the Church and we are helping with tutoring once a week with the Hispanic children of the area. We go on Wednesday night and help them with their homework while their parents take ESL classes. The kids are 1st-8thgraders and do all types of classes. Most speak some English but we have one 8th grade girl that speaks no English and can’t read English. We are trying to help her with Science (basic Chemistry) and that is a real challenge. Now Steve helps her cousin (also an 8th grade girl) do the Chemistry and then has her explain to Esmirelda what Steve just taught her. It is fun but it really makes you realize what a disadvantage these children have when it comes to education. It also makes you appreciate how nice it would be to know a second language.

Steve’s work is fine and mine is pretty chaotic. Leah and I are now the only 2 in our staff (5women) that know how to do all the clinical paper work. That puts quite a burden on us since we have over 60 clients in our program. We will train the others to do the paper work also but have very little time for training since we are stretched too thin trying to maintain the program and complete the paper work. Now for the next two weeks Leah and Doug will be on vacation in Russia and that leaves only me to do all the paper work. I just keep reminding myself you can only do what you can do and they don’t pay me enough to make myself sick over this job.

I wish I could see all of you and just spend time visiting but distance makes that impossible. I’m sure everyone else is as busy as we are and e-mails are few and far between any more. Remember that even when I don’t write I’m thinking of you and praying that God will be with you and protect you. Take care of yourselves and if you get anywhere near Indiana, please stop by and say Hello! Love and Prayers, Trese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home