tom 9/18
Hello, Matt, Chris, and Lucas;
thanks for remembering Connie's birthday. She appreciated it. She's had a
tough couple of weeks, in bed with a badly herniated disc in her lower back.
She had a steroid injection seven days ago, and it is finally starting to
give her some relief.
I have checked out the blog site for Lucas. It is great. Lets us get to know
you all a little more. That is one cute kid. We all were amazed at the last
photo you sent. what a good looking boy. Some of the things you wrote about
the emotions of being a Father took me right back. I felt just like that
when Kelly and Billy were babies. Guess what? I still feel that way. They
are both awesome kids, and I can't describe what a privilege it has been to
be their Dad. I hope you and Chris enjoy your parenting as much as we have.
I know you will, because you are focused. Those kids are little stars that
our lives revolve around. Of course, in saying that I mean no disrespect for
God, who is ultimately at the center of everything we do.
On the topic of music -- It was a lot of fun working with Jeff on his song.
Maybe some day you could come out here for a few days of R&R, and we could
record some of your stuff. I'd like that. The door is always open. Just give
me some advance notice, and I'll clear some time for you. This is a pretty
cool vacation destination, and Chris hasn't been out here yet. We could go
fishing again.
I was searching for info on hurricane Ivan, and saw where a buoy measured a
50 foot wave off the coast of Florida. Can you imagine that? Remember that
boat ride? Fifty foot swells must be something else. It has been a busy
hurricane season here. We've had one a week, but so far all have missed
us.There was over 10 million dollars of damage from Gaston and Charley, but
we didn't even have any large limbs down in our yard. It still adds up to a
lot of expended energy battening down the hatches, just in case. I really
feel for the people in Florida. That is a mess down there, and all along the
gulf coast. We know that area, since that was our route to Mama and Daddy's
house for years.
I'm glad to hear things are going well for you guys. We plan to be in Casper
around Christmas time, and would love to get to see you all.
Peace and Grace.
Tom

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home